Grant’s – Liquid Wood Campaign
• To change the perception of Grant’s whisky so felt more ‘premium’ than its competitors at the £12-£15 price point
• Create a TTL shopper campaign and toolkit for Grant’s whisky with a clear point of difference that premiumised and modernised the brand in the crowded whisky market globally
• The campaign needed to work on both a functional and emotional level to give a greater sense of quality
• Research showed that Grant’s didn’t have a clear positioning in the market and was perceived as ‘old & dusty’
• The biggest barrier to purchase was its ‘perceived taste’. This, combined with the product truth that Grant’s is ‘aged in three woods (barrels)’ led to the campaign line and the contemporary ‘liquid wood’ visual.
• Fully integrated tool kits were created, including localised shopper assets for 39 different territories
• The campaign demonstrated significant growth across all territories and was an important success for William Grant’s as it’s their largest volume brand